The success of your Ecommerce Web Design Depends on the product page-Saga Biz Solutions
Product page is the most important page of any ecommerce site because it affects the conversion rate. Thus the product page of your e-commerce website design must convince customers and force them to buy products from your site.
First, you must select a reliable content management system for developing your e-commerce site. Compared to other CMS, Joomla is more flexible and allows you to add more custom elements in your site. Using Joomla website design, you can serve your customers effectively.
In the World Wide Web, your competitor is always just a click away and a small error in the design of your product page can ruin your business. Here are some things that customers expect to see in a product page:
Mandatory elements of a product page
- Product name Make sure the product name is short, but descriptive. For example, if you sell LCD monitors, instead of writing as “LCD” you can write “Full HD LCD Monitor”. This way, customers and the search engines will understand what type of products you sell
- The Price- customers seeking a product price as they shortlist product. Write the price of each product in bold and include information on prices next to the button “buy”.
- Buy button- Without a “buy” button on your product page, your customers can not buy a product? More often than not, designers make mistakes to “buy” button design, such as making it too small and difficult to locate. The button should ideally be placed beneath or next to each product image.
Also, remember, if you are catering to US customers, write “add to cart” button “buy” and for the UK version of your website writing, “add to basket”. Place the buy button above the fold so that your customers can instantly see.
Important components of a product page
- Images- Use large images, high resolution products to convince your customers about product quality. Optimize images for faster, use the modal window download hover zoom function to allow customers to check the details.
- Provide multiple images for each product and provide a 360-degree angle. Also, always showing pictures of real products. For example, if you sell Samsung LCD model no 1234 does not display the image of the model No. 5678, or for that matter, an entirely different brand that has a similar product to research.
- Product Description- Describe the important details of each product in an interesting way. You can either write a brief summary or use a table layout to highlight the main features.
- Quantity Option- If a customer wants to buy 10 pieces of the same item, give her the option. Give a quantity option and let him choose as many as he needs. Do not let it click back and forth 10 times to buy the same product.
Useful elements of a product page
- Product name Manufacturer If you sell third party products from your online store, mention the name of the manufacturer. Different clients as different brands and displaying the brand name can increase your profit margin.
- Size and Dimension If you are selling clothes or shoes, show the change in size and color to give your customers a better shopping experience.
- Available Stock Show stocks available to create a sense of urgency and to sell products more quickly. For example, if you show that you have only 5 iPad left in your store, more customers will rush to buy the latest iPads.
When a product is completely out of stock, displays the message “out of stock” and ask customers to leave their email address for notification of product availability.
- Customer Reviews Let your customers write product reviews. See the most helpful comments at the bottom of the product page. Remember to include the negative comments because, 1. a product can not satisfy all customers. 2. that good reviews, because of # 1, makes an amazing product.
- Add to List- Some of your customers may decide to purchase a product later and for their benefit, you should give a button “add to wishlist”. A wish list can not increase your revenue immediately, but it will help you create loyal customers.
- Delivery Details- see the delivery details for each product and note the shipping charge. Potential customers can choose your site just because you give a “2-day delivery” and “shipping is completely free.”
These are some of the things you should consider when designing a user-friendly product page. If you do not have experience in website design, you can also hire a website design company to develop your e-commerce site.